What does being a member of SCC entail?
- Attend Faithfully - To be a part of the family is to be present with the family. We shouldn't forsake meeting together! (Hebrews 10:24-25; Act 2:42)
- Serve Faithfully - If each member is doing their part, the body will grow (Eph. 4:17)! Use your gifts! (Rom 12; 1 Cor. 12; Eph. 4).
- Believe Faithfully - It is important to believe the essential truths of Christianity and be unified on those truths (John 8:32, 14:6).
- Follow Faithfully - It is important to fall under the oversight and direction of the leadership. We ask our family members to follow Hebrews 13:7, 17 and trust the Elders and Ministers of the local congregation (1 Tim 3, Titus 1).
- Give Faithfully - As a non-profit organization, we rely solely on the charitable contributions of our members. We are completely transparent with our income and output regarding our finances. However, we certainly expect members to give a percentage of their income to the Kingdom at SCC (1 Cor. 16:1-2, 2 Corinthians 9).
Ready to become part of the SCC family?
If you are willing to commit to the 5 principles laid out above, welcome to SCC! Please complete the form below and we will be happy to discuss your next steps in becoming a member!